']);">I’ve been in a soup mood, can you tell? Trying to savor each last second of cooler to cold weather here on the North shore, I’m longing for the nurturing textures of a bisque and crusty gluten free bread whenever possible.
This one was inspired by the huge leeks I’m getting in our CSA box right now.
Leek Potato Cream Soup
- 2 large leeks, green tops cut off, and whites finely sliced
- 1 lbs russet potato, peeled and cubed (about 2 medium sized potatoes)
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 tbls butter
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- feta cheese
1. In a stock pot, melt butter and saute leeks and garlic until softened.
2. Add Bay leaf, salt, pepper, potatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Simmer for a good 40 minutes.
3. Using a hand blender, puree the soup. If you don’t have one of these handy little tools a blender or a food processor works as well, but it’s much more work.
4. Add the creme and blend into the soup.
5. Serve with a small bundle arugula and feta cheese on top.