Food Practice is a pathway back to a calibrated and healthy relationship with food that also reflects your healthy relationship with Life.
Food Practice Through The Seasons walks you through each season and the spiritual lessons they contain and guides you through a weekly set of practices and meditations designed to support the healing of your relationship with food and Life.
FPTTS has been broken down into 4 downloadable eBooks. Each one containing 13 weeks of lessons that follow the current season you are in.
Pleasure, The Essential Nutrient
Receiving nutrients into your body isn't just about eating, it's about the choices in food you make, the state you are in when you're eating and the way you receive the other bounties in life that are spiritual as well as physical.
At the heart of these things is your relationship to pleasure.
Whether your relationship to pleasure has been wounded or not, the truth is that pleasure is one of the most essential nutrients in food. To the extent we receive pleasure from the food we are eating, is the extent to which we are being healed and nourished by it.
The practices this season are designed to:
- Recalibrate your relationship to pleasure
- Identify the difference between true pleasure and pseudo pleasure
- Expand your senses to fully receive nourishment on multiple levels, not just physical
- Help you establish a manner by which to serve, bless and heal those you feed by facilitating pleasure in eating for them as well
- Increase the beauty and pleasure you receive in your eating experience
- Bring you back into your body while you eat consciously
- So much more
Pleasure takes you into a deeper and more meaningful relationship with yourself and with the life pulse of your existence.
Dedication + Table Of Contents
A Summer Blessing For You
As the sun hangs hot and heavy in the sky, shining a light on all that is blooming and present, so too, I wish for you the hot fullness of being.
That you may Be in the whole of your expression - shining, vibrant, fully present to the joy of your being.
That you be in total communion with Life within you and outside of you, in a dance that is filled with celebration, gratitude and pleasure.
Deep deep pleasure.
Savoring presence with you,
Returning To Pleasure In Food
Pleasure is a deep personal intimacy and even if you’re experiencing pleasure (as in a massage or sex) that is generated by interacting with another person, the experience you have can only be fully known by you.
The working definition for Pleasure both as noun and practice for this journey is:
A turning inward and attention given to the sensations in your body which are manifested in the moment by a stimulus that can be, but not limited to, external, internal, physical, intellectual, energetic sources.
In short, pleasure is sensation that opens you.
“...eat with pleasure because eating with anxiety leads to poor digestion and bingeing.” Michael Pollan
- This book comes in a PDF format. Your download link will come to you in the receipt for the purchase.
- The book contains 86 pages, 13 meditative practices, and explanation of each season and the metaphors as they apply to our spiritual lives.
- The opportunity to join a private Food Practice Facebook Discussion group to go through each week's practice in community for support and sharing.
- The first practice is designed to start the first week of the season.
- This book is written from the perspective of life in the Northern Hemisphere. Summer in the Northern half of our planet is very different than Summer in the Southern half of our planet. If you happen to be from the Southern half, the practices in this book are still just as relevant to you, but will be out of sync with the seasonal references I make.