I could eat a Caprese Salad everyday of my life. Truly. In the Summer months, I come close to it actually! Its perfection, light, delicious, and for some reason, I find it romantic. Not sure why, but even today, sitting here on the deck (lanai) alone working, I just feel a robust romance with life while eating it. Try it, if you haven’t already. Its magical.
1 ripe fat juicy organic Roma Tomato from your local farmers market
Fresh Mozzarella ball sliced
7 leaves of organic fresh Basil
Salt and pepper to taste
Balsamic Reduction (you can use regular balsamic, but the reduction adds a glorious tart sweetness that can’t be beat!)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Wash and slice tomato, taking out the seeds.
2. Place on a flat plate.
3. Place slices of Mozzarella over each tomato.
4. Sprinkle chopped Basil over each tower of tomato and mozzarella.
5. Drizzle Balsamic Reduction over each stack, and then drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil over each one as well.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
You can also have this on bread or make a sandwich out of it. That’s heavenly as well.