I love this time of year, Thanksgiving, the chill in the air, (yes… even in Maui), and the way we gather together to share our gratitude and break bread. I love the colors, the teas we drink, how coffee just tastes better with the cooling weather and how we are inundated with squash at every turn. Have I mentioned how much I love cooking with and eating squash of all kinds?
There is a coziness in the air right now, and even though this holiday entails a lot of cooking, I find it to be sacred, healing and a returning to that which is most important; family, whether chosen or by blood, and gratitude. It’s a day, set aside, to dwell on how much bounty we actually have in our lives. Nothing recalibrate the soul like looking at how much one actually DOES have.
To that end, a list. Because I’m a list maker and it serves the morning hour to just sit here in the quiet space and remember all I’m grateful for this year.
I’m so so grateful for: (in no particular order)
- Our home
- My man
- 2 one way tickets to Thailand
- Dr. Kott and his amazing team (still there are no words for how well they took care of us)
- Sisterhood connection
- Joshua Tree
- Warm healing touch
- Heart ache (yes… so grateful)
- Constant beauty
- Lush nourishing bounty
- 10 Years
- The book shelf next to my side of the bed (makes me so happy)
- This couch and how well it holds me while I create
- My tech toys (it’s a torrid love affair)
- New beginnings
- My lover’s skin
- The smell of my cutting board
- Growth and movement… they are constants
I’m sure before the day is over, I’ll find a few more things to add to my list. What are you grateful for this year? Share with us in the comment section below!
I just want to wish you all a wonderful day filled with bounty, love and warmth.