It’s a matter of record now that on of my most favorite culinary combinations in the entire world of food is the Caprese salad. As a salad, a sandwich and now as stick food, I can’t ever grow tired of this dish and have been known to spend whole Summer eating this 80% of the time. Yes… I can go over board. It’s also no wonder that I have 3 basil plants!
This was one of the dishes at our Housewarming party a couple of weeks ago. Very easy, delicious, fresh and beautiful to look at!
Caprese On A Stick
- Fresh Bufala Mozzarela Balls
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- Large fresh Basil Leaves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
1. Once you have your ingredients together, this becomes an assembly line. One Mozzarela ball, one tomato and one basil leaf per bamboo short skewer.
2. The Basil leaves need to be fairly large, so that you can wrap it around the tomato and then pierce it all with the stick as the picture shows. It’s easy and fast to do.
3. When all your stick salads are made, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt.
4. Will keep well at room temperature for a few hours, though the basil leaves will begin to wilt and the cheese will begin to dry out. Make and serve immediately.
Make as many as you want. Usually 1-2 per person will do as a side dish.