Our CSA box has been bringing such a juicy variety of goodness lately. Between the box and our friends with fruit trees, we have been eating quite well. I wanted this salad to be simple, fresh and colorful. The dressing is super light and only enhances the natural flavors of the beet and the cucumber. It’s a great accompaniment to the more heavy meals of Winter.
You can make as much or as little as you want. I made this for Jon and I, using half of a Golden Beet and half of a Cucumber, but if you are feeding more people, or would like a hearty portion for yourself, it’s easy enough to make more.
Golden Beet Cucumber Salad
- 1 organic golden beet roughly peeled and cut up into approximately 2 inch match sticks
- 1 organic cucumber cut into approximately 2 inch match sticks
- 1 organic tangerine juice
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix the beet and the cucumber together.
2. Drizzle the tangerine juice and about 3/4 of a tbls olive oil over the veggies and mix.
3. Add salt to taste.
Super simple and easy!