A couple of days ago, one of our neighbors, Jill, stopped by and gave me a huge bag filled with freshly picked limes. The following day, Jon came upstairs with 5 fresh Guavas he had picked from the tree at the entrance of our property. My kitchen counter looked like some glorious pre Thanksgiving bounty, especially after I added a newly picked coconut from the tree on the other corner of our property!
In the mood to use all these glorious fruits I began juicing the limes and guavas for what is honestly the best limeade I’ve ever had. If guava isn’t local to where you live, you can use something else equally delicious like figs or peaches.
Guava Limeade Recipe
- 5 organic ripe guava squeezed and sifted for juice and enough limes to make 1 1/2 cups of juice
- 2 cups of raw organic sugar
- 2 cups of spring water (for syrup)
- 5 cups of spring water
1. Juice all your fruit until you have 1 1/2 cups of juice. You can play with this amount as always depending on how tart you want your drink.
2. Combine 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar in a medium heat sauce pan to create a simple syrup. Heat and stir until the sugar completely dissolves and then set aside to cool.
3. Once the syrup is cooled combine with the juice. At this point its a matter of taste. I added 5 cups of water to the concentrate and this made a tart tangy and sweet drink that Jon and I both loved. You can add more or less depending on your preference.
4. Throw in an ice cube or two, garnish with a spring of mint or basil and you have some serious yum on your hands!
Just add a nice healthy splash of Ocean Vodka for an amazing cocktail! TY for sharing!!
Mmm… love Ocean Vodka!
Sounds perfect. Where and when?
i will surely love the taste of this 🙂
OMG, I just saw your friend request on foodie Blogroll, 1 year old! Trully sorry for that!
You website is amazing and the photos are just a piece of Art!