Jon and I had our Housewarming party last weekend and I served nothing but stick food and cocktails. Don’t ask me why, but the idea stuck and off I went to make food we could all eat on a stick.
This is the little cocktail I served and it was delicious but deceptive and after drinking copious amounts of it, I found myself with a bit of a hangover the next day. It might need to come with a warning sign, but it’s a MUST cocktail for the Summer.
Orange Thyme Vodka Cocktail
- 2 cups of vodka ( I used Maui’s own Ocean Vodka. If this is not available I recommend Grey Goose or Kettle One. )
- 2 cups of Lime Zest Sugar
- 4 cups of freshly squeezed Orange or Mandarin juice
- About 20 sprigs of Thyme
- Loads of ice!
1. Mix all the ingredients.
2. This should serve about 4 people easily enough
3. If you need to make more, doubling this recipe is easy, though before adding the 3rd and 4th cup of sugar, I would add slowly and taste as you go.
Rene Lazzaro says
The link to lime zest sugar doesnt work. What is that?
Elena Rego says
Thank you for catching that! This is the correct link: https://foodpractice.com/lime-zest-and-sugar-the-sweetest-gift/