Did you ever rave about a place so much that you felt personally responsible for how utterly full and booming it had become? I did and do. Of course, I’m not so self absorbed to think that Viento y Agua’s success has anything to do with me, but… some days… maybe I do.
Located in the lovely Belmont Heights neighborhood of Long Beach, California, Viento y Agua is one of those amazing coffee houses that has not only managed to hold on to its coffee house bohemian coolness, but serves well made delicious drinks.
Welcoming to visitors and locals alike, you’ll find big comfy chairs, couches and standard tables all surrounded by art exhibitions that change monthly. Free wifi caters to the academic and self employed crowd. I should know… before leaving my beloved Long Beach for higher ground, I spent quite a bit of time sitting in a big chair working, while sipping on a Mexican Hot Chocolate, likely made by Tree… the lovely woman in the picture above.
Weekends and some weeknights will feature local and indie bands as well as poets and spoken word artists. Check out their calendar for the next show.
I think more then anything, what I love about this place the most is its comfortable vibe. Its a community vibe where any day of the week at any time you can come in and hang out, likely run into someone you know from the neighborhood, or meet new friends. Its friendly, inspiring and oh… did I mention the drinks?
Ok… here are my favorites:
Italian soda. Carbonated, sweet goodness with a dash of milky yum.
Another added perk to Viento y Agua? They’re an eco conscious coffee house, committed to serving the environment as well as your taste buds. Here’s a blurb from their website:
“How are we eco-conscious????
(We provide what most coffeehouses don’t 🙂
1. Glass cups for cold drinks.
2. Mugs for hot drinks.
3. Spoons to stir your coffee – imagine how many stir sticks each coffee house goes through each month. Probably A LOT! So we don’t use them!
4. We recycle, recycle, recycle with PLEASURE!!
5. We train all of our employees to be water conscious. This means we reuse left over water to water plants and are conscious when we clean our dishes.
6. We give a 10% discount to customers who ride their bikes to the coffeehouse, instead of driving.
8. We donate all of our compost to the Long Beach Gardens, so we have almost NO WASTE!
9. Come on in and you will see why… all of our employees live very green and we promote this with our service.
Get yourself to Long Beach, bring your laptop, and have a great Mexican Hot Chocolate at Viento y Agua while you get some work done. I promise you won’t regret it.