Jon’s brother and sister-in-law are here on the island for a couple of weeks. They are staying in Lahaina, but wanted to come on by and see our place. With so much going on, we just decided to throw together an impromptu brunch and invite a bunch of our friends to see who could actually make it on such short notice.
- Lox, bagels, cream cheese and capers
- Made to order omelets that Jon took cooked for everyone
- Fruit salad (mangos, pears, strawberries, walnuts, bananas) and vanilla yogurt
- Butter leaf lettuce salad with cucumbers, feta cheese and sea asparagus
- Freshly made carrot, ginger, pear juice
- Champagne and raspberries
As always it was awesome having so many people in the house. I think we are getting use to the fact that we really don’t have many places to sit and with that ease, seems to come comfort. People just sat where they could, hung out, talked and got a chance to meet new people while eating. I’m thinking that for the next brunch I’m going to try to create a gluten free Crepe bar.